I'm just going to jump right in and say that I have been being drained by people. I did not realize it until now, at this very moment, at the computer, writing this. Life is a funny thing. People are usually distracted by all the clutter that make up their lives and they usually miss out on the important things. The small stuff, the crumbs, the stuff that really makes your life what it is. God has blessed me with a period of stillness in my life. And during this stillness I have watched people pass by, return, act, react, ascend, descend, laugh, cry, crash and burn. In my stillness I have become more dependable or maybe those around me have become more dependent upon me. You see I get three types of phone calls daily. The first type is the : Can you help me (fill in the blank)? This type of phone call usually doesn't bother me, but I have noticed that it is becoming more severe as several family members and friends have somehow appointed me the occupation of being their personal assistant. It is okay to ask, but occasionally ask yourself: How can I help Victoria today? The second type is the friend or family member in a personal crisis. Again this type of phone call does not bother me in the least , especially if I can contribute any good advice. However it becomes an annoyance when after hours of telling and retelling the same story, at the very end of the conversation they ask: So how's everything with you? How are the children, etc. , as if they really cared. No, I take that back, I'm sure they care, just not at that moment. If you happen to be one of those friends or family members, take note: I would prefer you to ask about my wellbeing at the beginning of the conversation or not at all. And finally, my personal favorite is the phone call asking me why I haven't called or why I have not been answering their call. Self explanatory, I thought. I'm either busy or I'm waiting on your call. Simple as that.
Peace,
Victoria
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment