Friday, October 5, 2007

Ex and the City

My Ex and I have not been a couple for over 8 years now. But we still remain very close despite our failed relationship. In fact it feels like since we've been friends we have grown much closer. He is a great conversationalist, ambitious, and focused. All of the qualities that he didn't have when we were together. Anybody that knows me, knows I love to talk! We share our fears, our goals and our hopes for our children. He has two sons that are close in age with my sons. It is very common for New Yorkers (especially my friends) to be in love one morning, and out of love that same night. I have to be honest, I never would of imagined that I would have remained friends with one of my many Exes for this long, but it happened, so now what? I always like to compare my life and my personality to New York. Welcoming at times, cold at other times. Beautiful depending on who you ask. Complex to some, but simple to those who are familiar. The element of contrast: rich and poor, strong and weak, wise and ignorant. (I could go on) If I am NY, then my friends are the MTA. Traveling with me through my life's journey, taking me where I need to go, and there for me 24 hours a day. My Ex is sort of like the Empire State building. Tall, big, lights up at the right times and always visible. What's New York without the subway or the Empire State building? Furthermore, who am I without the people in my life who shaped who I am today?

Until next time,
V

4 comments:

diary of a G said...

Hey I'm going to ur City for the weekend
I'll read soon
thanks for stopping by

Victoria Elizabeth Hackbart said...

Thank you, for stopping by...

diary of a G said...

The element of contrast: rich and poor, strong and weak, wise and ignorant.
I think without the emotions..its a great thing cos yawl know each other well already
great analogy
told u I'd read when I have time

Victoria Elizabeth Hackbart said...

Thanks G!