Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Turtle and the Hare

This time it is going to be short. Today is forever etched in the memories of New Yorkers as a day of loss. But as time moves forward and our wounds heal, we will eventually forgive. But for us Hip Hop fans, today marks a new era in music history. If you have not bought 50 Cent or Kanye's album, do so immediately. A few months back while attending a live taping of Def Poetry, I screamed out to Mos Def that: "Hip Hop is not dead!!" Today proves that. And no matter who wins the race to sell records, I did my part to reinforce the importance of a phenomenon that was born right here in New York City! Now do your part.......

Happy listening,

V

3 comments:

diary of a G said...

so you brought both the albums?
I hope so, than you can say 1 was for me and the other for you in OUR
support for Hip Hop...lol
seems we are back into that money
theme instead of that gangsta shit
Money/Over/Gangsterism..I ain't mad
Am feeling that new duffel bag boy song by lil wayne...u heard it?
get that Money..ma

Victoria Elizabeth Hackbart said...

I definitely, without a doubt, have both albums! I must admit that I favor Kanye's album over 50's, but that could quickly change. I have heard the Lil Wayne song and its OK, I guess Mr. West has my full attention at this point! (LOL)Thanks for reading G!

diary of a G said...

coming to our city soon..not for the best of reasons but I'll be In NY this weekend

turns out Kanye is on top, guess 50
ain't gonna drop no more solo projects.lol..
ain't heard the albums yet but I know Kanye has more substance than 50 plus the boy got them BEATS but
I'll holla